You need to log in or register to create posts and topics.

What agile games do you practice?

I've been suggested to implement gaming in agile meetings a million times. I'm personally not a big fan of "playing hard while working hard" but I'm thinking of testing the approach. Have found some stuff like priority cards, but still wonder if I'm missing something. Which agile games do you use? Is it worth it?

Think of games as a way to help your team and your company switch toward a more agile mindset. You don't really have to like playing because it's not about you or what you think but about your team and the company you work for. Also, you don't have to play every day unless you fall into it, but it's a good idea to incorporate games into your weekly or monthly routine. Tastycupcakes is a great and supportive community of like-minded agile managers who have a great number of games updated on a regular basis -- definitely something to check out. If you're stuck at home during the pandemic, then there's a set of virtual agile games you can play. There are a google mailing list and agile playgroup you can join to stay up to date on the industry, ideas, and learn from other people just like you. Moreover, there are conferences and meetups dedicated specifically to agile games, such as the Agile Games Summit.

My personal favorites are the Scrum Resort Brochure, Presto Manifesto, Pocket Size Principle, and Test Balloons. However, if none of it helps, you can try and build your game.

There's also a very cool simulation game called Scrumtale, where you write a crime story as a product of a Scrum team.

Maybe someone else can also drop a few game suggestions to help you get started.

Take care.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.